Swiss Miss Rachel

Monday, March 13, 2006

Papers are Lame

Tis true...papers are way lame. However...only a month and a half and then no more papers ever!!!! Or until I go to grad school, but hopefully that won't be for a little while. I need a break from this whole "paper" thing.

This weekend was rad. Jen and I took a last minute trip to her house for the weekend because it was snowing there. I love snow...but it's cold and numbs my fingers. But I guess it's worth it. So Freshman year of college was my first time ever seeing snow in person...and the "snow" we saw was left over, dirty snow on the side of a parking lot. This weekend was my first time seeing fresh snow and it was awesome.

Jen and I also had some amazing discussions. They really made me think. One was on the importance of prayer and I'm convicted that my prayer life isn't what it should be. I don't place on it the importance it deserves. I remember when I was in China with my ISP team. We were in prayer everyday, all through out the day. We lifted up everything to God, every relationship, every conversation. And we saw God work, even in what seemed like impossible situations. Those experiences taught me the importance of relying on God and staying in constant communication with Him. But I seem to have lost sight of all that. I don't trust in Him like I should. Instead I try to rely on myself, but nothing happens and I just end up more stressed out than when I started. So anyways...I'm working on changing that. And it's a good time to start, because I've got a whole lot of stresses that I could sure use guidance with!

Alright....I guess I'll do my paper.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jen said...

ewwww....papers

9:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home