Swiss Miss Rachel

Saturday, September 02, 2006

29 Days...

I have been a homeless bum for 29 days. I travel around from friend to friend, family member to family member, friend's family member to friend's family member. Today marked 29 days, but it looks like we might be able to move into our apartment this thursday....if they get the new carpet layed down. Jen and I scored an apartment to stay in during the time being, but there is someone interested in it. Hopefully we can move into our actual apartment before the people who want to rent this one moves into it. Luckily this is a holiday weekend, which means they can't get their paperwork through until Tuesday at the earliest.

Last night Jen and I slept outside. I have been staying at Marina's for quite sometime, which is bad because techinically I needed to have been out of there after four days. For those of you who are school housing officials....do not worry...I didn't stay the entire 29 days of my homelessness here. I spent a lot of time hitch-hiking to and back from Oklahoma. And by hitch-hiking, I mean Jen drove me there and my sister drove me back. Of course I got to eat Braums, drive by Bushland, and tour Lake Tahoe for a few days...oh the miserable life of a bum....weep for me....at least for the Bushland thing. Bushland? Creepy. Anyways...outside....is where Jen and I slept last night because Marina totally kicked us out of her apartment. Not really. The balcony looked fun and Jen had an air matress.

Alright. Nik is getting restless. I should go pay him some attention. And then it's off to coldstone. Life is hard I know....look forward to a video about our toil of finding an apartment.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

29 days, huh? Guess I should just be quiet.

10:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home