Swiss Miss Rachel

Tuesday, October 17, 2006

My life so far...

Dramatic title, but not much has been going on. I started my job in the beginning of September. This week I changed my shift so now I work four days a week instead of five, which will be a nice saver on gas. It did however, take away one of my weekend days. I now work all of Saturday. But work is going good. I have had some pretty amazing conversations with some of the girls. With one girl I talked about Spiritual warfare and the protection that God can give us. With another girl I was able to talk about what it means to be a Christian woman and what it means to be set apart for God. Most of the time I complain about my job and how there is no freedom to boldly minister to the youth there and be backed by the rest of the staff. While I still don't have the support from the staff, I have noticed that God has provided moments where I can talk about Him to the residents. It's pretty cool. I am however, still looking for something a bit closer to home. An hour commute to Pasadena is not the funnest.

My car was stolen on Friday. I am in the process of finding another one, since it is unlikely it will show up again. I was meaning to get a more dependable car, now I'll just find one a little sooner that I had expected. One nice thing has been my insurance company through the whole thing. They've been really nice and helpful and I haven't really had to stress about anything. So that's cool.

Let's see....what else. Um...I think that's it. Wait...I've fallen in love with The Office. It's the best show EVER. Ok...now I'm done.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home